If you access any of our Partner websites from a mobile device, we may collect technical data and related information obtained from your device, such as the type of device you use, unique identifiers, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, and information about the way you use any of our Partner websites.
How We Use Your Information
Program Support Services
If you enroll in the Program, we may receive personal information from a Program for the purpose of providing Program support services to you. These support services may include course selection and registration assistance, degree audits and assistance to help you be successful and stay on track to complete a Program and pass the applicable professional exam. The personal information may include information about your coursework, grades and other educational records. We may also receive any other personal information that you may choose to share or that may be requested to enable us to provide appropriate support.
Requests for Program Feedback
Orbis and GCE may offer you the opportunity to respond to surveys and to evaluate and provide feedback on the Program and may use that information to respond to you about your feedback and to address any issues that you may identify.
GCE and Orbis reserve the right to de-identify and aggregate information collected in connection with a Program and use it to maintain, support and evaluate the quality and efficacy of a Program, conduct educational research, develop new products and services, and for other purposes. Unless required to do so by law, GCE and Orbis will not attempt to re-identify such de-identified data.
GCE and Orbis employ appropriate and commercially reasonable data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of personal information.
GCE and Orbis may use personal information in order to provide messages and information about eligible educational programs, products and services that may be available now or in the future from GCE, Orbis or a Partner.
If you decide not to receive further emails from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the opt-out instructions contained in an email from us.
When We Disclose Your Information
We may disclose personal information in the following circumstances:
- with your consent;
- to a Partner;
- to your employer;
- in response to a subpoena, court order or legal proceeding, to the extent permitted or required by law;
- as otherwise required or permitted by law;
- to protect the security and safety of you and other persons, our systems and the data we possess as provided by applicable law;
- in connection with a sale, transfer or other business combination involving some or all of our companies or their assets
- to address actual or suspected illegal activities; or
- in order to enforce a Partner’s Terms of Service or any contract that we or a Partner may have with you.
- Information previously provided to you by us may be corrected or updated by calling or emailing the Orbis or GCE representative with whom you have been in contact.
Information you disclose through the website may be accessible to and viewed by others, including classmates, faculty, educational staff, contractors, and others. You should exercise caution when disclosing personal information through the website. If you do not want Orbis or GCE to store metadata associated with your content, please remove the metadata before uploading your content.
Orbis or GCE may automatically collect log data related to interactions with our webpages and other information to monitor and ensure availability and security. This log data may include browser type, type of computer/device, and technical information about the means of connection to the website, such as operating system, internet service provider, and IP address. Log data is collected and used to monitor the operation of the website, detect unauthorized access and fraudulent activity, prevent and address security issues, and appropriately scale computing resources.
Currently, due to the lack of a standard governing do-not-track tools, webpages do not currently respond to Do Not Track signals.
Protection of Children’s Privacy
If you are less than 18 years old, you must first seek the consent of your parent or guardian prior to submitting any information. If we obtain knowledge that any information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 18, we will promptly delete that information.
You may have specific rights relating to the disclosure of any personal information that you provide to us and/or education records that we may create about you under a federal education law known as the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (“FERPA”). You also may have specific rights under FERPA related to accessing and/or updating your personal information. Certain information may be excluded from education records made available for inspection as provided by applicable law or pursuant to our confidentiality undertakings with third parties. You may also request amendment of education records that you believe are inaccurate, misleading or in violation of your rights. If you would like to inspect and review your education records pursuant to FERPA, you may submit a request to the Partner’s FERPA office.
Notice for California Consumers
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) regulates the collection, use and disclosure of certain categories of personal information about California consumers, specifically that information Orbis and GCE collect and disclose, where we determine the means and purposes of data processing. We do not sell personal information. The list below does not address personal information that we collect and process at the direction of a Partner as part of the application process and student experience.
We collect and disclose the following categories of personal information for business purposes:
- Contact and identifying information, including name (real and alias), postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, IP address, email address, phone number, account name, or other similar identifying data.
- Usage information, including internet or other electronic network activity information, such as browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.
- Employment history, including professional or employment-related information.
- Education information, including information about education history or background.
- Protected classifications such as, but not limited to, ethnicity, gender, and age range.
We collect personal information identified above with the following categories of third parties:
- Orbis and GCE affiliates
- Third-party providers performing business, professional or technical support functions
- Other third parties for purposes of legal and regulatory compliance and quality control
California law gives California consumers the right to make the following requests:
- The right to opt-out of sale of your personal information. Orbis and GCE do not sell personal information.
- The right to request a copy of the personal information that we have collected about you in the prior 12 months.
- The right to request deletion of the personal information that we have collected from you, subject to certain exemptions (for example, detecting network security incidents, software updating and debugging, and complying with a legal or regulatory obligation).
- The right to request more details about the personal information we collect and how and why we use and share it, including the categories of personal information we have collected about you, the categories of sources for personal information we collect, the business or commercial purposes for collecting personal information, and the categories of third parties with which we share personal information.
You can submit a copy, deletion, or right-to-know request online by filling out a verifiable consumer request to us by phone at (317) 663-0260 or by email at [email protected]. Only you, a person registered with the California Secretary of State authorized to act on your behalf, or you on behalf of your minor child may submit a verifiable consumer request. The request must provide enough information for us to reasonably verify you are, or are the authorized representative of, the person about whom we collected personal information.
The CCPA prohibits discrimination against California consumers for exercising their rights under the CCPA and imposes requirements on any financial incentives offered to California consumers related to their personal information, unless the different prices, rates, or quality of goods or services are reasonably related to the value of the consumer’s data.
Additional information regarding the CCPA can be found at https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa.
We do not monetize personal information. Even though we do not sell personal information for financial consideration, Nevada residents may submit a request that we not do so by emailing us at [email protected].
Notice to European Union Users
If you are an EU resident or otherwise entitled to EU legal protections, subject to certain limitations and conditions, you have certain rights regarding the processing of your personal information, including the right to request access, correct, delete, restrict or object to our processing of, or receive a portable copy of, your personal information. You may exercise these rights by contacting us at [email protected]. You may also have a right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection or privacy regulator.
GCE and Orbis do not have any operations or directed business activity outside the United States and therefore have not designated a data controller for purposes of EU or other foreign laws or regulations.
We encourage you to periodically review this page for the most up-to-date information about our privacy practices.
To make a request to delete or access personal data, or for additional information about the personal data Orbis or GCE has collected about you, please complete our Data Request Form.
Mobile Terms and Conditions
School Events and Information
Receive text messages and event information from your school of interest through your mobile device. Text OPTIN to 31838 to receive up to four text messages per month with personalized offers and invites. Message and data rates may apply. Messaging frequency may vary. Limits on the number of messages may apply.
By opting in to this service, you consent to receive mobile text alerts using an automatic telephone dialing system. Consent to receive marketing text messages is not required as a condition of purchasing any goods or services. By signing up, you are confirming you are over the age of 13.
Text STOP to 31838 to stop receiving School messages. You will receive a reply text confirming that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive School messages. If you want to resume receiving School messages, text OPTIN to 31838.
For additional information, text HELP to 31838 or contact 317-663-0260.
Location Services for Mobile Applications
Our mobile applications include features that may utilize location services and data to enhance the user experience. We collect this type of data for specific purposes, including enabling features such as automated check in. Location services can be managed in your mobile device settings.
T-Mobile® is not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.