Indianapolis, Ind. — Orbis Education announced today the creation of an advisory board, composed of academic and healthcare thought leaders. The advisory board will provide expert counsel and advise in areas of key strategic importance to the company.
The board will help identify areas for future investment, including the development of services that further support the mission of Orbis Education and its partner institutions. It will also recommend business development strategies for growth and create alliances that assist Orbis Education in its goal to create transformative healthcare education partnerships.
”We are honored to have such a distinguished ‘brain trust’ to assist us in becoming more impactful at such a critical juncture for health professions education,” said Dan Briggs, Orbis CEO.
The advisory board currently has six internally-distinguished scholars and academic executives. They are:
- Joan Shaver, PhD, RN, FAAN, Professor and Dean of University of Arizona College of Nursing
- Afaf Meleis, PhD, DrPS(Hon), FAAN, Professor and Dean of University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing
- Courtney Lyder, ND, ScD(Hon), FAAN, Professor and Dean of University of California Los Angeles School of Nursing
- Bobbie Berkowitz, PhD, RN, NEA, FAAN, Professor and Dean of Columbia University School of Nursing
- Jean Giddens, PhD, RN, FAAN, Professor and Dean of Virginia Commonwealth University School of Nursing
- William Holzemer, PhD, RN, FAAN, Distinguished Professor and Dean of Rutgers University College of Nursing
Orbis will be adding healthcare leaders from other sectors to the board in the near future.